What are two ways to say no alcohol?
Here are 11 easy ways to say ‘no,’ from the straight up to the indirect to the fibbing.
- “No thanks, I’m good with what I’ve got.” …
- “Thanks, I’m okay.” …
- “I’ve had enough to drink, thanks.” …
- “I’m allergic to alcohol, I break out in handcuffs when I drink.” …
- “It’ll give me a massive headache.”
What are three ways to refuse alcohol?
Statements to use in refusing alcohol:
“I would rather hang out at the rec center or student center.” Say, “No thanks, I don’t need it.” “Sorry, my friends and I have chosen not to drink.” “Sorry, I don’t drink.”
Which of the following is the best way to say no to a drink?
How to say no to a drink – Our tips
- Make an excuse. You have friends who will understand a simple, ‘Thanks, I’m not drinking’, but it is fairly common for this to prompt an ‘Oh why not? …
- Enlist them in your challenge. …
- Get your drink in first. …
- Be the designated driver. …
- Check the date. …
- Get out early. …
- It’s ok to not drink.
What can I do instead of drinking at night?
Here are some ideas for alternative activities next time you’re thinking about pouring yourself a glass.
- Ride a bicycle.
- Go for a walk.
- Meet a friend for lunch.
- Read a book.
- Play a board game.
- Try a new nonalcoholic drink.
- Attend an exercise class.
- Organize old photos, albums or books.
How do you say no when drunk?
5 Ways to Say No to Alcohol When You Don’t Want to Drink
- “I’m Driving” This is the ultimate excuse. …
- “No Thanks, I Just Finished One” …
- “I’ve Had My Limit For Tonight” …
- “I Want to Keep a Clear Head” …
- “I Don’t Drink”
Can I stop drinking on my own?
Staying Safe. It may be possible for you to moderate or quit on your own, but it is dangerous to undergo withdrawal without supervision. It’s best to speak to a doctor first, especially if you have a heavier drinking habit and you expect cold turkey symptoms.
How do you pretend to drink alcohol?
Pretend you’re drinking
If you’re comfortable holding alcohol and not actually drinking it, you could “nurse” a beverage, gradually “drinking” it by pouring it out in the bathroom or offering it to friends to try. Maybe you’re cool with drinking a little alcohol, but you don’t want to get drunk.
How do you prepare to say no to alcohol if you are asked?
Simple statements could include:
- “I’m driving.”
- “I don’t drink.”
- “I want to keep a clear head.”
- “It makes me sick.”
- “I’m too busy to be hungover tomorrow.”
- “I have more fun sober.”
- “I’m in recovery.”
What to drink when you are not drinking alcohol?
Cranberry juice and ginger beer
“Fresh cranberry juice, some ginger beer (the nonalcoholic kind), lime, mint, sugar, and you can top it with a little soda water if you like! It’s a really refreshing drink and the ginger beer gives it a fizzy kick a bit different from a normal fruit juice.”
How can I get my friend to stop drinking?
Our top suggestions for staying sober around drinkers include:
- Be honest: Explain to your friends that you want to stop drinking and that sometimes, it’s hard to avoid temptation. …
- Confide in someone close to you: Having a supportive friend or family member on call for those difficult situations is crucial.