What wine goes well with mushroom soup?
A medium-bodied, fresh red such as Beaujolais Villages, Bourgogne Rouge, or Bourgueil could be just the thing, and any number of white wines may suit, though a rich Chardonnay, perhaps from Carneros, may be the best, and certainly seems the best pairing for creamy mushroom soup or quiche.
What soup goes with red wine?
8 SOUPS TO PAIR WITH WINE
- Bean soup – Cabernet Franc. …
- Chicken soup – Rosé of Tempranillo. …
- Cream of broccoli soup – Chardonnay. …
- Creamy Mushroom soup – Gamay. …
- Lentil soup – Pinot Noir. …
- Minestrone soup – Albariño. …
- Pumpkin soup – Viognier. …
- Salmon soup – Sparkling wine.
What kind of wine goes with baked potato soup?
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Pair this decadent dish with a slightly sweet white wine like Riesling or Chenin Blanc. You could also go with a fruit-froward medium-bodied red wine like Barbera or Merlot.
What wine goes with creamy food?
CONGRUENT PAIRING: A white wine with creaminess will add to the creaminess in the dish. So, for example, a traditional mac and cheese recipe with a creamy béchamel sauce matched with a creamy white wine such as Viognier or Chardonnay would create a Congruent Pairing.
What do you drink with mushroom pasta?
With mushroom pastas serve Soave, Bianco di Custoza, Lugana or Chardonnay, or a light Merlot or Pinot Noir.
What food goes with Merlot?
Dishes that go particularly well with Merlot are:
- Beef, particularly grilled or roast beef and filet mignon.
- Blue cheese, Cheddar cheese, Gorgonzola.
- Chicken, particularly grilled or roast chicken.
- Berries and Fruit, particularly red fruit sauces.
- Pork, especially roast pork and pork loin.
What drink goes well with soup?
We’re here to help, so here are our top five fav pairings for soup plus liquor, the lowest-calorie alcohol there is.
- Pho And Moscow Mule. …
- Green Pea Soup And A Shot Of Aquavit. …
- Butternut Squash Soup And A Cosmo. …
- Spicy Tomato Soup and Tequila Mixer. …
- Borsht And A Vodka Soda.
What kind of wine goes with vegetable soup?
A delicious brothy homemade vegetable soup recipe that pairs well with the best light red wines.
- Pinot Noir.
Can you have soup with wine?
“Pairing beverages with soup can be tricky, but there are a ton of options,” Callahan says. “You can pair them based on flavor profile (spicy soup with sweet wine), weight (rich creamy soup with a rich wine) or a more acid-driven wine to cut through the richness and temperature.”
What wine goes with potato leek soup?
White Rhônes (Marsanne/Roussanne blends) would be fine, as would Viognier, dry Chenin Blanc or dry Riesling. Sauvignon Blanc would be nice if it is not too overtly grassy or herbal. An unoaked Chardonnay would be pleasant, and a Macon Villages or Pouilly Fuisse close to perfection.
What kind of wine do you serve with chicken?
Styles to consider when matching wines with chicken:
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Blanc de blancs Champagne.
- English sparkling wine.
- Pinot Noir.
- Spanish Garnacha.