What type of wine goes best with Mediterranean food?
The Right Wine Pairings for Mediterranean Food
- Salads – Moscato, Sangiovese, Riesling, Zinfandel.
- Lamb/beef – Syrah/Shiraz, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Fish, seafood and poultry-based dishes – Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Rosé
- Rice-based dishes – Rosé
Can you drink red wine on a Mediterranean diet?
“On the Mediterranean diet, you can totally have wine [because the diet is] low on carbs, and it’s low on fat, so when you’re drinking alcohol, it’s not going to affect you so much.”
Can you have sweet red wine on the Mediterranean diet?
The Mediterranean diet, one of the most widely evaluated dietary patterns in scientific literature, includes in its nutrients two fluid foods: olive oil, as the main source of fats, and a low-to-moderate consumption of wine, mainly red, particularly during meals.
Do you drink red or white wine with Greek food?
Greeks salads in Greece are tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, olives, and onions, and optional ingredients like green peppers and capers. The best Greek wine with a Greek salad is Vidiano from Crete. … Sauvignon Blanc goes with Greek salad as well. Any high acid white wine would be a good match with Greek salad.
What Alcohol goes well with Greek food?
Your Guide for Matching Wine with Greek Dishes
- Pair with: Grenache and Grenache Shiraz Mourvèdre (GSM).
- Alternative options: Pinot Noir, Nero d’Avola or Merlot.
- Wine to match: Tempranillo.
- Alternative options: Sangiovese, Barbera or Shiraz.
- Wine to match: Fiano.
- Alternative options: Chardonnay, Verdelho or Arneis.
How much red wine can you drink on the Mediterranean diet?
This healthy diet pattern involves a “Mediterranean way of drinking,” that is a regular, moderate wine consumption mainly with food (up to two glasses a day for men and one glass for women).
Is wine part of Mediterranean diet?
Wine is often associated with the Mediterranean diet. It can be included but only in moderation. While alcohol may reduce the risk of heart disease, it has other health risks.
Can I drink alcohol on the Mediterranean diet?
The Mediterranean diet includes daily moderate alcohol consumption, especially of red wine. This dietary pattern plays an important role in the reduction of cardiovascular risk which was recently confirmed by a large randomized intervention trial.
What wine goes best with Mediterranean Chicken?
Recommended wines for:
- Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. wine type. white wine, dry. Sauvignon Blanc.
- Burgundy Chardonnay. wine type. white wine, dry, oaked. Chardonnay.
- South African Cabernet Sauvignon. wine type. red wine, dry, oaked. Cabernet Sauvignon. South Africa. Simonsberg-Stellenbosch.
What wine goes with shawarma?
Crisp wines such as Sparkling Wine, Rosé, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc pair best with Chicken Shawarma spread on top of rice or stuffed into a pita. If the Chicken Shawarma is heavy on the garlic sauce, dry versions of these wines mentioned above will fare better.
What wine goes with sweet potatoes?
Sweet potatoes may require a riper wine than would otherwise be matched to the other elements in the dish. Try a rich Chardonnay, perhaps from Australia or Sicily, or a Viognier. For reds, try a roundly fruity Grenache or Grenache-based blend from Australia or the US, or perhaps a fruity Merlot.