Does wine go with pie?
When matching wine with desserts, the wine has to be at least as sweet as the food; otherwise, it will taste astringent. Because apple pie is not overly sugary, it pairs with a range of dessert wines, from fizzy and light to sticky and caramelly.
What drink goes with pie?
The 6 Best Pie & Cocktail Pairings
- Raspberry Pie and Champagne: …
- Apple Cranberry Pie and Cider: …
- Cherry Pie and Red Wine: …
- Margarita – Lemon Meringue: …
- Pecan Pie and a Coffee Brown Ale: …
- Chocolate Cream Pie and Irish Coffee:
What wine goes good with cherry pie?
Get a cherry overload by pairing the cherry pie with Gamay wine. Gamay’s light red wine is known to match well with various foods and desserts. Gamay has stunning fruity and flowery aromas. An alternative to Gamay is Pinot Noir.
What wine is good with pumpkin pie?
Generally, what works with pumpkin pie are late harvest wines made from white grapes such as riesling, gewurztraminer, chenin blanc, vidal, muscat and even the red grape zinfandel.
What kind of wine goes with key lime pie?
Recommended wines for:
- Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. wine type. white wine, dry. Sauvignon Blanc.
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. wine type. white wine, dry. Sauvignon Blanc.
- Argentinian Malbec. wine type. red wine, dry, oaked.
What food goes with cherry wine?
For the curious foodie, though, here’s an answer to your question: if you’re entertaining or planning a romantic picnic, cherry wine pairs great with cheese — try a blue cheese, a cheddar or Gruyère. The flavors of cherry wine work nicely with a range of cheeses.
What wine goes with rhubarb pie?
The best wine to pair with rhubarb
- Sauternes or similar sweet wines from Bordeaux. …
- Other late harvest sauvignons or semillons from elsewhere in the world would work too.
- Auslese, beerenauslese or other late harvest rieslings. …
- Sparkling rosés especially pinot noir-based ones or rosé prosecco.
What wine goes with apple crumble?
#2 Apple Crumble
The best wine to pair with this brown sugar and apple creation would be Zinfandel. The jammy fruit-forward flavors from the Zin will make a great addition to the apple crumble flavors of brown sugar, apple, and cinnamon.
What is in tawny port?
A tawny port is usually aged between 10 and 40 years and can be sweet or medium dry. The Talijancich Rare Tawny is made from Shiraz, Grenache and small amounts of Verdelho and aged in old spirit barrels for an average of 30 years, which exposes them to gradual oxidation and evaporation.