What do you drink with Greek lamb?
Pinot noir, Bordeaux blends, and the Italian reds mentioned earlier all pair well with lamb chops, but you can also venture into medium- and full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot if that suits your tastes.
What kind of wine goes well with Greek food?
The Right Wine Pairings for Greek Food
- Meze (ie dips and pita bread) – a light red like a Pinot Noir or Sangiovese.
- Salads – Sangiovese.
- Fish, seafood and poultry-based dishes – Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Rosé
- Lamb/beef – Syrah/Shiraz, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Red-sauce based dishes – Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
Do you drink red or white wine with Greek food?
Greeks salads in Greece are tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, olives, and onions, and optional ingredients like green peppers and capers. The best Greek wine with a Greek salad is Vidiano from Crete. … Sauvignon Blanc goes with Greek salad as well. Any high acid white wine would be a good match with Greek salad.
Does Merlot go with lamb?
When served alone and without any sauce to go with it, lamb can pair really well with a bold red wine with a smooth tannic structure, such as Syrah or Merlot. But because lamb meat in particular tends to take on the taste of the sauce it’s cooked with, we need to go deeper than that if the meat is marinated.
Does Amarone go with lamb?
Beef, Lamb and Veal.
Meat dishes pair beautifully with Amarones, especially those in the more traditional style.
What Alcohol goes well with Greek food?
Your Guide for Matching Wine with Greek Dishes
- Pair with: Grenache and Grenache Shiraz Mourvèdre (GSM).
- Alternative options: Pinot Noir, Nero d’Avola or Merlot.
- Wine to match: Tempranillo.
- Alternative options: Sangiovese, Barbera or Shiraz.
- Wine to match: Fiano.
- Alternative options: Chardonnay, Verdelho or Arneis.
What alcohol goes with lamb?
What Liquors Go With Lamb Chops?
- Scotch. A single malt scotch can be paired well with a lamb chop dinner. …
- Tequila. A triple distilled tequila has an extra smooth finish that can even out the gaminess of lamb meat. …
- Vodka. Black truffle vodka has a bold and complex flavor. …
- Red Wine.
Does pinot noir go with lamb?
Pinot Noir and lamb are often a perfect match because the acidity and bright fruit notes in Pinot Noir act as a nice foil for the earthy richness in lamb. … Pinot Noir is perfect because it has the fruit, the earthiness, and the acidity that you are looking for in a gamey dish like lamb.”
What wine goes with lamb Koftas?
Recommended wines for:
- South African Cabernet Sauvignon. wine type. red wine, dry, oaked. Cabernet Sauvignon. South Africa. Simonsberg-Stellenbosch.
- Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. wine type. white wine, dry. Sauvignon Blanc.
- Chilean Merlot. wine type.
What red wine goes with lamb curry?
Curry loves Wine
If the dish is spicy, go for something off-dry: Riesling Spätlese, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer. If you go for red, go for something fruity: Pinot Noir, Gamay, Garnacha, GSM blends, Valpolicella.